MCV by the Numbers
Missed the 2015 MCV Newsletter in the mail? Read it here on the blog. We’ll be sharing other articles from the newsletter on the blog in the coming weeks.
- 38 villages served
- 12,000+ program “graduates” since 1996
- 2,363 orphans currently registered
- 6+ orphans per household on average in 1996*
- 2 orphans per household on average in 2015*
- 91% of school-age orphans attend school
- 80% reduction in malaria cases and deaths in young children since 2005
- 96% of MCV’s Gracious graduates passed the national exam
*Among households caring for orphans
An MCV study indicates that orphans under five are growing at the same rate as non-orphans.